If you were one of the lucky people to grab the 100k point American Express Platinum offer, you might be missing out on some hidden Delta perks via Starwood.
As discussed earlier on this website, Delta and Starwood have united to offer perks to each others elite members. This, combined with American Express Platinum’s free SPG Gold status, can yield some nice little perks on Delta (if you don’t have the requisite Delta status or credit card).
First, what can you get on Delta if you are a SPG Gold member?
- Unfortunately, you will only get the extra Starpoints for your Delta flights.
- If you were a Starwood Platinum, you would get a free checked bag, priority boarding, and priority check-in
It never hurts to get extra Starpoints, so if you have an AMEX Platinum, follow the below listed steps:
- Register for an SPG account (if you don’t already have one).
- Call the phone number on the back of your Platinum card (1-800-525-3355).
- Tell them that you would like to get your Starwood account upgraded to Gold Status.
- At this point, they will ask for your Starwood account number and then place you on hold while they connect to Starwood.
- About 5-10 minutes later, you will be upgraded to complementary SPG Gold status.